Wednesday 23 January 2013

Prince Harry - Not as stupid as he looks

Poor Prince Harry. It must be tough to be born under the spotlight, to have every event in one's life become a front page story. I am sure he understands and accepts his royal role, but oh how he must yearn to live as a commoner even for just a day, and fly under the radar.

The latest headline is Prince Harry Says He's Killed Taliban. Oh my goodness. The outrage. How dare he stir the Taliban so? Now we must brace ourselves for the Taliban revenge. How can he put us in harms way so?

Well I have just watched his latest interview on Sky and in my opinion he said one of the cleverest things I have heard from him. In among the many inane questions, which he answered very graciously, came one, almost throwaway line, which, in my humble opinion, just blew every sanctimonious headline about the Taliban incident out the water.

He said that on the last day he was there a seven year old Afghanistan girl was mown down by the Taliban. He was describing that it is not a normal situation out there. In one sentence he described just what sort of people he had been killing and why. And what kind of people are they? Certainly not the type of people that deserve our political correctness. Certainly not the type of people that deserve our respect.

I am appalled that a young man, putting his life on the line for Queen and Country, side by side with his subjects, can be treated so badly by the media. I am appalled that his actions can be put down in favour of appeasing a terrorist organisation.

Thank you Harry. I might not be a Brit, but I appreciate your efforts on my behalf. Yes my behalf. I believe that organisations like the Taliban threaten the entire free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment